Specifically, our volunteer evaluator pointed out that Energy could:
- identify key stakeholders for agency information and their needs as required by the OGD;
- provide greater clarity in how it currently engages the public and employees, and how it plans to better engage these stakeholders;
- offer proposed actions and clear future milestones, specifically regarding upcoming open government public meetings;
- propose changes to current practices, internal management, and administrative policies to improve public participation;
- explain how the agency will measure improved transparency, participation, and/or collaboration as a result of its flagship initiatives, and how it will sustain and improve the initiatives.
We will be working with our volunteers to re-evaluate the revised plans in July. We hope more agencies will follow Energy's lead soon.